In order to be an approved
volunteer in the Bloomsburg Area School District, you will need to
submit the following documentation, all of which is available on our web
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check
- Federal Criminal History Background Check OR Volunteer Affidavit (if applicable)
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- Mandated Reporter Training Certificate
- BASD Confidentiality Agreement
- BASD Volunteer Acknowledgment and Statement of Confidentiality
- PDE-6004 Arrest/Conviction Form
Please note that all long-term volunteers and overnight chaperones must also complete and submit the BASD Volunteer Application and then be approved by our school board.
Once completed, all documents may be submitted to the district office or the main office of any of our five school buildings. Please note that you must bring your original clearances with you for verification purposes.
As per state mandates, all clearances must be renewed every five years and the mandated reporter training must also be retaken every five years.
BASD's Policy 916: School Volunteers may be viewed on the school board section of our web site.